Sunday 30 November 2014

Elf haul and reviews

Hey lovely
Ok so I got an email saying if you spent £20 on an elf order you get £18 worth of make up, I couldn't resist. 
I only needed the elf eye brow kit but I couldn't help myself.


As you can see I got quite a lot for £20.60, so personally I think I got a pretty good deal if you ask me:) 

Elf eyebrow kits

These are the reason why I made an order from ELF I absolutely love them these are my holy grail products, they make my eyebrows look full and as I have very sparse eyebrows it makes them look great! They have two sides the wax and then a setting powder, the wax is a thick consistency and it actually lasts all day on my brows concidering I have oily skin. The powder I just go over to set my brows after I have applied the wax. I usally use the colour light but I bought a ash aswell this time to see what one suits me the most. I would recommend this product to everyone I think it's the best eyebrow product Iv used so far. 

It comes with a tiny duo ended brush. Litrally everyone throws all the cheap makeuo applicators that come with any kit or pallete, but let me say you need to try it first. I personally find the angled end to be really good I use it everyday to do my brows and I find it works perfectly fine. Iv tried other brushes to use but I perfer this one. 

I'm thinking of getting the anastasia dip brow in blonde Iv been told it's good so I may need to make a cheeky purchase and as we don't  get Anastasia over here only online it's necessary;)
 
Elf eyelid primer 

This colour is in champaign it looks a lot darker on the tube than it actually is. It's such a pigmented shade you can wear this either on its own or under your eyeshadow. I think it's a dupe for the urban decay primer potion it has the same lightweight creamy consistency and when it's on the lid it doesn't crease so that's a bonus.

As you can see its a beautiful pigmented shade. This product will make your eyeshadow last all day without smudging or fading. It's a lightweight formula so it quickly absorbs into your skin and this is great if you have oily eyelids.

Elf smudge pot 

These smudge pots have a gel like moose consistency they are very light on the lids and just glide on nicely. I have the shade "Gotta Glow". I feel to get the most pigmentation is to use your finger or a brush sprayed with Mac fix plus and just dab it on to the lid. 
These can be used as a all over colour, a base or even a eyeliner. 
It has a medium coverage but its buildable i put around 2 swipes of the product to get it this pigmented, I used my finger to apply as I find it easier.

I  think there's around 5 different shades available and some are dupes of Mac paint pots so I might have to get some more.

Elf eyeshadow in wild 
I think this colour is beautiful its so pigmented, it's a dark brown pigment with hints of purple and gold to it. It is a very soft texture to it and it blends out nicely. I think this would make a perfect night look in the crease of the eye with the gold smudge pot. 
The camera hasn't picked up on how pigmented it is but you can tell that it's quite pigmented. I think this product would be really nice on a wet brush and patted onto the eye for more pigmentation for a nicer effect.

Elf jumbo lip gloss stick

Ok so I have the colour "movie star" it's easy to apply its very sheer so it gives your lips a natural tint but it is buildable. It glides on smoothly and it's quite moisturising for the lips which is always good especially for the winter. When people say to me lipgloss I think of a thick sticky consistency but this is just right it's really light on the lips. 

It's great for a natural look as they are quite opaque but other than that I really like it and I think the shade is really nice. It's staying power isn't that good but for the price Im not moaning.

Elf liquid lipstick

This is one of the things I got sent free go me its in the shade Brownie Points I wouldn't say this is a lipstick I'd say more of a lipgloss. It's a creamy lipglossy type of consistency. It's a quite a sheer colour but it's a buildable colour. There's not a lot of product it's mostly all packaging. There's a minty scent to it and it tingles on the lips which I like. 
 (I had to apply quite a few times to get this colour, also this is with the flash)

It's a reddish brown colour and it has a light gold shimmer to it. I think it's a very wearable colour for most skin tones. It does have very short lasting power so you would have to apply every hour or two, but again it's very affordable so hey ho.

Elf eyeliner and shadow stick
This is in the shade blue/midnight it's a nice product very pigmented it gives off a matalic finish and it has tints of silver through it. Both ends glides on and blends nicely.
Blue/ Shaddow

Midnight/liner

 I don't have very much to say about this product as I haven't properly tried it out. Iv looked on reviews and people have mixed opinions on the product, I need to try it more and I will keep you all updates.

Elf long wear lipliner 
I have mixed opinions on this lipliner on the website it looked a nude colour that's why I ordered it, and it's suppose to be a mauve colour and it's like a red mahogany colour. I think elf should take pictures of swatches Iv heard so many complaints on product colours not being how they look on the website but other than that It has good pigmentation and it's creamy but apart from that I doubt I'd wear it it's too dark for my skin.
It looks different on the photo than in person it's more darker. The photo doesn't do it any justice. 

Elf all over cover stick 

I have the shade in Ivory I got it for my under eye highlight and to use with my Ben nye Banana powder. This product is very creamy, and very easily to apply its the perfect shade for my skin. On my skin it lasts all day I set it with my Ben nye banana powder. This product can be used as a foundation, concealer and a highlight. It's very full coverage you can cover your imperfections with this product I highly recommend it. 
As you can see the Ivory shade is very yellowish that's what I want for under my eyes. It's a very thick consistency and has a orange scent to it which I don't mind but if you don't like oranges then I don't think this would be for you.
I'm hoping to get some different shades darker ones to see if they are good for contouring.

Lastly elf eye brushes 
So I got 3 brushes a crease brush, blending brush and a defining brush all 3 of these brushes are extremely soft.

The blending brush fits perfectly in the crease and I tend to grab for this one over all of my other brushes and it never sheads. It blends the shadows beautifully I love this brush and for £1.95 it's amazing.

The crease brush is exactly the same as the blending brush but abit smaller yet again it's such a good brush to have in your collection it has very soft brissels. It picks up a decent amount of colour and i recommend this brush to anyone.

The defining brush I use this brush for the outer V of my eye and started using it for when I contour my nose and applying highlight to certain areas. It's a Lovely brush, Iv heard nothing but great things on this product. I'm looking forward to trying more of elf's brushes im extremely satisfied with them all especially for £1.95 it's absolutely amazing. There such good quality, when I saw them for the price I wasn't expecting anything decent but I take it all back I love them.

Elf your products are on point!

It's nearly Christmas guys, I hope your all ready 
Jodie-lea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment