Friday 23 January 2015

My mermaid assessment

Hey guys remember how I said i was doing a mermaid for my assessment? Well I done it today and I love it! 

Here's some pics;

For the makeup I got the green from the outfit and mixed a few greens together to make a smokey eye and added some blue to the crease and a very light greeny yellow on the lid and blended in.

For the scales I did the usual mesh tights trick before I did anything I primed the places where I applied the Shadow for the scales. 
For the scales I stretched out the tights to the size I wanted the scales to be and got the colour shadows I wanted then patted them onto the skin I done the same with other colours blending them together to make a ombre effect.
To add depth I added a small amount of black Shadow and that made it look more 3D.  

Lips was really easy i got a lilac lipstick from makeup revolution I wanted the lips to stand out and compliment the other makeup and the costume.



 



For the costume me and my model made it together. We got a large piece of cardboard and drew the shape that I wanted my fin to be. I cut the shape of the fin then wrapped duck tape around to make it stronger. For the material i measured my model out so it would fit perfect and the measurements for the tail and glued it all together.

The hair she has naturally curly hair but loose curls I just curled over her hair so she has more tight bouncy curls and brushed them out to give her hair more volume. 
I glued shells to Bobby pins to make it look like she's just come from the sea and netting to give the illusion that's it's fish netting caught in her hair to add to the theme more.

Overall im extremely happy with how it's turned out everything went so well and my model loved it. It was so fun to design and create.

Jodes xx

No comments:

Post a Comment