Tuesday 14 April 2015

Make up Revolution and Mememe Haul and Review

Hey chummys, so I have Abit of a haul/review for you on Makeup Revolution and Mememe Cosmetics. So both brands are available in Superdrug stores and online if you live in the UK.
So here's what I got.
 So first I have the Makeup revolution Salvation Intense Lip Lacquers. These lipgloses are extremely pigmented as you can see on the swatches. They are quite thick but when you think of thick lipgloses you think of them being really sticky, but there not they are really smooth and soft. They are very comfortable to wear. 
I love the gold packaging I think it looks lovely, the products itself is pretty basic lipgloss packaging I like the rose gold writing it looks lovely i have a thing for rose gold at the moment.
I wore these on two different days and they faded around about 3-4 hours after I ate and drank and I think that's quite good.
The product does exactly what it says on the packaging high shine, long lasting lip gloss and with an extremely intense colour. Oh also I think it may be me but they smell so nice like angel cake I think it is but either way these are really good I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a long lasting lipgloss then this is for you. They have a range of different colours and you can get these in superdrug and they retail at £3 so very affordable for such a amazing product. 
 These both swatches are from only one swipe so you can obviously see how thick and pigmented.
 So next I have Mememe flawless face powder it comes in a lovely matte packaging with a floral pattern on the front the packaging itself is so sturdy also it's think and light weight so you can easily take it anywhere.

The powder comes in two shades translucent and natural I got the translucent shade. I would of thought that it would be more white being a translucent powder but it's more a yellow toned.
I was Abit sceptical about this product as it looks yellow when I swatched it but it's a really good product i usally have really oily skin so I set my T zone with this powder and I only touched up once or twice throughout the day and usally my skins that oily I am constantly touching up trying to get rid of the oiliness.
This product can be used on any skin tones as its translucent it's so nice to blend on the skin it glides on so smoothly and gives you such a flawless finish.
This product retails at £6.95
 So here we have the Makeup Revolution Protection palette, this palette contains 7 products 3 concealers, a powder, a bronzer, blush and a highlight. You can choose either light, light/medium medium/dark or dark in this palette and I chose light.
Many companies are all jumping on the ban wagon about contour palettes but none have put concealers in that I have seen so far.
 I actually really love this palette it has basically everything you need for your face all in one and it comes with a huge mirror so it's perfect for travelling. The packaging is so sturdy and well put together. I couldn't say anything bad about this palette I really love it.
 First I was so surprised by the concealers they are incredibly creamy and blend beautifully. They are quite buildable because i wouldn't personally say they are high coverage. I found to use the palest shade under my eyes and the rest on any imperfections and I have tried to contour with the darker concealer and it looked quite nice.

From the left to the right we have the pressed powder, the bronzer, the blush and then the highlight.  
 So the powder does exactly what it's suppose to there isn't much colour so I would say to set your concealers with it. 

Next is the bronzer with most bronzers you do get like a orange tone to them and it's hard to find a nice bronzer without that tint but this one gives you the tanned look it does have a nice glow to it. It's really nice and blends lovely and I would say it's a great contouring colour. I'm actually hoping to find this bronzer on its own. (So if anyone finds it me please let me know)

I love the blusher shade it really reminds me of Nars Orgasm it's such a lovely muted pink it gives a nice natural finished. But it has really good pigmentation so you only need the tiniest bit on your brush because it does go a long way. 

The highlighter is such a nice colour it isn't too sparkly like you get in most drugstore highlights or too powdery.

So next we have two Mememe trio eyeshadows the first one is called "Sultry eyes" and the one to the right is called "Smokey eyes". I love the packaging for these I'm really into all the matte black packaging I think it looks lovely and especially with the fancy writing. 
 
 The formulation of the shadows is good as they are really smooth and blend out nicely but I think you have to really press on hard to get quite a lot of shadow as there not that pigmented as I thought they would be. They will probably be a lot more pigmented with a wet brush or with an eyeshadow primer. I found that the brown trio had more pigmentation in the shadows than the other eyeshadows. They are still good quality and I will get a lot of use out of them.
 
  
 
  
 So next is the "Mememe correct and perfect concealer kit" I love this kit I think it's amazing the concealer is a heavy coverage concealer and that's what i love. As I have freckles and sometimes it's good to cover any imperfections you have. 
  

 As you can see there is two parts to this concealer the top part is the actual concealer itself and the bottom part screws off and it's a powder to set your concealer which is great. The packaging again is lovely in the matte black and fancy writing, "Mememe you got it goin on" personally I do think that this shade is too dark for me and this is in light but when I tan it's fine but I really love the powder as I go for light concealers under my eye this powder will be perfect for setting the concealers in place.
   
 So next is the Mememe beautiful brows
At the minute I am obsessing over my brows I have been using a treatment on them I will hopefully be doing a blog post on but it has been making them grow so much. And this has been my best friend I love how it has a spooly at the end and it's a good one most brands that have them at the end they are quite flimsy but I really like this one. It's in brown but it's the perfect colour for me even tho I have blonde hair it isn't too dark and the colour is just right for me. You can build the colour up aswell so most people could get away with this colour. I find that it's a nice texture it's not too creamy and it's not too powdery and scratchy (I don't know if that makes sense but you should know what I mean) but I would recommend this to anyone.

   
   
   
 Mememe blush me, I have noticed that quite a few companies have stole the idea of benefit for there blush and bronzers packaging and brushes.
But I litrally love this blush so much I have been using it none stop and I have been picking it over my Nars orgasm blush and that was my cult favourite ever but I think I have a new fave now. 
   

   
It's such a lovely pinky coral colour it's not too Bright and it's very buildable if you do like bright blushes it has a slight shimmer to it but it's perfect, and it would go nicely on any skin tones. It's really nice to blend and feels nice on the skin.
 
 Another blush we have is the shimmer stack from Mememe I think it's similar to the Bobbie Brown Shimmer brick you can use the colours seperatly or swirl your brush in all of them at once to create a nice colour. I swiped my finger in all of them together but it again is such a nice colour. I haven't used this as much as the other blush so I can't really say much about it but I really like it from what I have used so far and I think anyone would suit It.
 

So here we have the Mememe eye sweep liquid eyeliner I have always been scared of using liquid eyeliner but ever since I started my makeup course I have been using it so much on myself. But I have never found a really black eyeliner but now I actually have I usally use the elf one or the loreal super liner as they are both easy to apply with the pen applicator. But I think this one is a lot better I find it easier to do as the applicator is a little bit shorter than the others. But I love how black it is and you can create thick wings and even really thin ones. The formula allows you to smoothly sweep across your eye without pulling at your eyelid The applicator itself is sturdy but it's not so hard that it will be pulling at your eye.
 

 
 As you can see I made three different size lines to show you how thin/thick you can get it.

Overall I really do love all these products they are very affordable and are all great products I would recommend any of these to anyone they are such good quality for drugstore makeup products.

I hope your having a lovely day 

Jodes xx

No comments:

Post a Comment